Saturday, February 7, 2009

Teaching Fellows Etiquette Dinner

Finally!
I'm back everybody! I hope you missed me! :) Well this new semester has been amazing. Everything is going wonderfully. I really have been enjoying it. Classes are busy as usual. ECU really keeps you on the move. haha.

Anyways. So the latest ECU teaching fellows news. We recently had a etiquette dinner. On Feb 2nd, 2009, all of the freshman got together at Mendenhall to enjoy a wonderful meal served by the ECU Catering Service. Here, we were joined by an etiquette expert who taught us all exactly how to eat properly. Boy was the food De-li-cious!!! We had chicken cordon bleu with rice and veggies. :) We also had salads and you can't forget the cheesecake!!!!!!!! It was so yummy. I would go to ten million of those dinners if I could. haha. I really enjoyed this dinner though because it provided me with a lot of tips on things to do in my future. The ECU teaching fellows program is very wise in teaching kids how to eat properly because in the future we may be attending various dinner type interviews and what not.

This was definitely a blast and even brought me closer to some people that I never get the opportunity to talk to! I hope all the future ECU Teaching Fellows look foward to this event! It is a lot of fun!!! Have fun and pay attention. You'll learn a lot. :)


PS: Some etiquette tips:
1. Don't talk with your mouth full
2. Wait to swallow your food before taking a sip of your drink
3. Do look into, not over, your cup or glass when drinking
4. Do take medicine discreetly
5. Do remember your posture at the table
6. Don't overload your plate
7. Don't mop your face with a napkin
8. Don't saw back and forth at your meat with a knife
9. Don't smack your lips
10. Don't touch your head at the table

No comments: